Friday, April 29, 2011

MY THIRTY DAY WATER FASTING BLOG!!







OK, Change of plans!! I'm starting a 30 day water fast May 5, 2011 in an attempt to jump start my weight loss, and improve my health. They say water fasting is an excellent way to detox (rid the body of toxins). I see that as an extra plus. Although I normally work out regularly, and I am technically within height and weight standards for my height, I have gained a significant amount of weight (compare above pic to my profile pic for comparison) as a result of poor eating habits, and missed trips to the gym. Additionally, I now have a desire to compete in the figure portion of the body building sport!! In addition to water fasting, I will continue going to work on a daily basis. My job is not very demanding, so as of now, this seems feasible to me. Upon the completion of my fast, I plan to continue a clean eating lifestyle in combination with a continuance of my regular gym routine for weight maintenance. For health/safety reasons, I will not be working out while on this fast! Previously, I was successful in losing 15 lbs. in six weeks, eating five small, clean meals a day. I was pleased with these results, however, I returned to my bad eating habits, and quickly regained the weight, so this time around, I have strategically planed for a lifestyle change following this fast. My ultimate goal is to make clean eating a lifestyle, return to the gym, and compete in my first Body Building figure competition in October!! I plan to journal daily my experiences during this fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment